Friday, September 16, 2011

Customer Service Case Study: Gas Station in Need?

A major gas station had a sign that said it closed at 11 PM every night. I got there at about 10:45 PM and when I tried to pump gas into my SUV nothing came out. The pumps had already been turned off and not working. I went inside the store part and the teenager on duty said he was closing early. He had to meet some friends at 11 PM and told me to come back in the morning, they open at 6 AM. Did the owners check on this regularily to be sure they were following the posted schedule or just ASSUME the employee would do the right thing? I recently saw that the station closed down and was boarded up, I wonder why....

More case studies in chapter 16 of my book "90 Day to Success as a Small Business Owner"

No comments:

Post a Comment