Thursday, July 21, 2011

Direct Mail - Be Persistent

Mailing to your prospect or customer list once and forgetting about it is not the correct approach. You need to mail every quarter or three times a year to the same target audience for the best results. People may not need or want what you're selling the first two times they receive your direct mail but by the third time they may be ready and interested. If you don't keep mailing you will never know and be there when they are.

I've mailed to the same companies for several years and I always get someone who calls and says, "I have been looking for products like yours, where have you been?" I just throw up my hands and get on with the sale. Afterward, I check my lists to see who we haven't mailed in a while and get busy mailing them again. Persistence pay off so don't give up on direct mail too early.
Much more on direct mail ideas in chapter 6 of my new book "90 Day to Success as a Small Business Owner" available at bookstores and online.

No comments:

Post a Comment