Sunday, July 29, 2012

True Story About a Gas Station

I needed to buy gas for a trip the following morning and wanted fill up my tank the evening before so I could get a quick start in the morning. There was a gas station near my house that had a sign that said it was open until 11 PM so I decided to go there. I got there about 10:45 PM and when I tried to put gas in the car, the pumps were already turned off. I went inside the small convenience store and the teenager on duty said he had to close early. He was supposed to meet some friends at 11 PM and gave a little laugh. He told me to come back in the morning if I wanted gas.

About 3 months later as I was passing that gas station I noticed it had closed down and the windows were boarded. Gee I wonder why? Don't let this happen in your business because it will only get worse until your customers stop coming back. The buying public expects you to do what you say and advertise or they will find somewhere else to spend their money.

Barry is a business and franchise coach, by-the-hour no contracts. www.idealetter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment