Friday, November 11, 2011

I Still Use Direct Mail

Over the many years and many businesses (I've had about 20) I always found a way to use direct mail in promoting my company, products and services. And in almost every case I got results and sales. It may seem old fashioned to some business people but if it works why not use it. You may not always get instant response but often a person would call or email 6 months later who had saved the mailing. I would rather have my literature in their file than nothing at all and have to start over for each promotion.

Direct mail can be a very cost effective way to reach your target market. Lists to mail to are easily available and may can be acquired free or even traded for. InfoUSA is a good source for inexpensive lists and some libraries subscribe so you get them free! Customers and prospects should be mailed to regularily to remind them who and where you are and what you can offer them. If you had to pay sales people to reach the same amount of contacts it would cost you 100 times as much! Don't give up on direct mail yet, find a way to use it in your marketing.

My new book, "The Smart Guide to Starting Your Own Business" is now on amazon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment