Thursday, May 23, 2013

How to Choose a Franchise

Some questions to ask yourself BEFORE you sign the franchise agreement and pay the franchise fee.

 *What are my realistic goals in owning a business?
 *Do I want to use the skills I have or learn new ones?
 *Do I like selling to consumers or businesses?
 *Do I want to work in a store, office or at home?
 *Do I want a lot of employees, a few or none?
 *Do I enjoy training & supervising employees?
 *Do I want to wear a suit/dress, uniform or just casual?
 *Will I have family members working with me?
 *Will I like a lot of guidance & supervision from the home office?
 *Do I want a large or small national chain?
 *Do I like working early in the morning or late at night?
 *Do I like selling?
 *Will I use advertising or other marketing to get customers/clients?
 *Will I work weekends or just Monday thru Friday?
 *Will I work in the business myself?
 *Do I want more than one location?
 *How big do I want to get?
 *Do I have the initial investment without borrowing?
 *Did I review 3 or more franchises in the industry?

By Barry Thomsen, business & franchise coach. Author of "90 Days to Success as a Small Business Owner" available in print or ebook. www.idealetter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment