Monday, December 15, 2014

Social Media Presence

Most of us use social media in different forms to share our business ideas and promote our products and services. This is the new future and the first step in relationship marketing and it does make a difference. You may not see results after every post but it will build as people get used to seeing your helpful posts and advice. I always felt that jumping right into a sales pitch would turn many potential clients and customers off and they would just ignore you. It's like someine asking you for your credit card number to pay for something when no trust has been established yet.

I like to add more friends and connections but may be hestitant to accept those that don't have have a picture and some information about themselves in their profile. How can you build any trust at all in someone you know nothing about. I will see and listen to what they have to say if I know where it is coming from and a little about who is sending it. I try to put information in my profile that will make people be more comfortable when they see my posts.

The social media I like to use is Facebook (and groups), Linkedin, Twitter and my blog which you are reading now. I feel to create interest and trust you need to put something in the first 3 every day and post to your blog several times a month. Your friends, connections and blog readers will get to know you and what they can expect. Don't go on a rant on social media even if you feel strongly about something, state your case and let others decide their own feelings. By posting often and giving useful information you can build the trust it takes to consider you as someone people may consider spending money with in the future.

Barry is a speaker at conventions, conferences, trade shows and company meetings. More info at www.idealetter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment