Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Be Careful With Postal Machines

I was buying stamps from one of the automatic postal machines at the post office when it accepted my debit card but the stamps did not come out in the lower slot. I reached up in the slot and could not feel any stamps. During that time the machine printed my receipt and the screen said Thank You. I had a receipt that my card was charged but no stamps?  What's happening here?

It was during the time when the counter was open so I told one of the clerks what had just happened and she said she would call a supervisor. After waiting about 5 minutes a lady supervisor came out and we walked together over to the machine. She looked at my receipt and felt around where the stamps come out and found nothing like I did. She then told me they policy was never to give a refund and I should just call the credit card company and complain so they would reverse the charge. I told her it was a debit card and they will not reverse the charge. She said that's too bad and I probably just lost the money because the post office will never refund it.

After my complaining more she said, just a minute I'll be right back. She went in the back and came out with a wooden pointed stick and started jabbing up where the stamps usually come out. Finally a small piece of paper came out followed by my stamps. How would anyone else be able to do that? She then said that you use the machine at your own risk and may lose your money.

By Barry Thomsen speaker, international author and business coach. www.idealetter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment