Monday, August 6, 2012

Persistent Direct Mail

If you are mailing to your prospect or customer list and forgetting about it, this is not the correct approach. You will need to mail every quarter or at least 3 times a year to the same audience for the best results. With the new USPS "Every Door Direct" there is a savings on postage if you are targeting consumers or a specific business district. People may not need or want what you have to sell the first two times they receive your mail offer but the third time they may be in the market to buy.

I've mailed to the same companies for several years and I always get someone who calls and says, "I've been looking for products like yours, where have you been?" I just throw my hands up in the air, smile and get on with the sale. Afterward I check my lists again to see who I have not mailed for a while and get busy with another mailing. Direct mail is still an economical way to reach potential
customers and make your offer quickly. It may sound old-fashioned but it still works!

More on Direct Mail in chapter 6 of Barry Thomsen's book, "30 Days to Success as a Small Business Owner" available everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment